Trust Waterman Family Dentistry for flawless tooth bonding in Virginia Beach, VA, or in the Hampton Roads area. Please call Dr. Jennifer Waterman and the team at (757) 340-8155 today or request an appointment online.
Professional dental work has made huge strides with alternatives to veneers that help you obtain a beautiful smile with minimally invasive procedures, including tooth bonding in Virginia Beach, VA. The process can repair various cosmetic issues, such as discolored or cracked teeth or misaligned tooth structure.
Why Choose Dental Bonding?
Tooth bonding uses a tooth-colored resin to reshape or repair teeth with the look and feel of a natural tooth. The innovative procedure is finding multiple uses in cosmetic dentistry, including:
- Using composite resin to match the natural color of your teeth perfectly
- Applying a cost-effective solution that lasts
- Offering a minimally invasive tooth bonding procedure that is gentler than veneers or crowns
- Requiring only one office visit for quick tooth bonding in Virginia Beach, VA
Dental Bonding Uses
Several dental cases benefit from innovative tooth bonding in Virginia Beach, VA:
- Filling small gaps between your teeth
- Repairing cracks or tooth chips
- Altering the shape of your teeth
- Treating stained or discolored teeth that typically resist other whitening procedures
- Elongating teeth
- Restoring a tooth with severe damage or decay
It is important to note that tooth bonding cannot solve underlying oral health issues—it is purely a cosmetic procedure. If you want to improve your smile with strong teeth that last a lifetime, it is essential to follow proper oral hygiene before and after tooth bonding.
Tooth Bonding vs. Porcelain Veneers
Dental veneers and tooth bonding procedures produce similar results, but there are two primary differences:
- Tooth bonding removes far less of the tooth’s surface area.
- Tooth bonding material uses layers of UV-cured resin as the dentist works, while veneers are readymade shells of thin porcelain.
The Process of Dental Bonding
You’ll spend just under an hour at our dental offices for tooth bonding in Virginia Beach, VA. During the process, Dr. Jennifer Waterman will use a composite resin to build the tooth’s surface layer, curing it on the go.
Once you complete the tooth bonding procedure, the restoration will require the same care as normal teeth. Proper care will go a long way. You will need to examine your teeth for changes, brush twice a day, and floss at least once daily.
The composite resin in tooth bonding is stain-resistant, which means that it is also resistant to whitening treatments. You will need to care for your bonded tooth properly so that your smile remains white and undamaged. If you care for the bonded tooth well, it can last for up to a decade.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Feel free to contact Dr. Jennifer Waterman and the Waterman Family Dentistry team to learn more about dental bonding in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Our office has over ten years of experience in first-class dental services and cosmetic dentistry. Call us today at (757) 340-8155 for tooth bonding in Virginia Beach, VA.